Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Longview, Kelso & Rainier Railroad Paint Schemes

I originally posted these on my old website on June 22, 2008.

(NOTE: This website is NOT affiliated with the club; visit lkrtrains.yolasite.com for current info)

linklogoThese graphics are paint scheme concepts for the Longview, Kelso & Rainier Model Railroad Club. The club did end up painting some of its own equipment, though it didn't use these ideas. All of these are based on drawings from the Railroad Paint Shop.

LK&R f7a

Here's my idea for a 1960's-era cab unit paint scheme, applied to an EMD F7A. The colors are Conrail Blue and Union Pacific Armour Yellow, which are the club's official colors.

LK&R SW-7

Here is an SW1200, in my idea for a standard paint scheme.

LK&R GP-7

This is my idea for a GP7 in the standard paint scheme.

LK&R GP-40

Here is a GP40. If you haven't figured it out by now, this paint scheme is based on CSX's paint scheme without the gray.

gp40vari

After I created the other scheme, I got an idea for another, more modern looking scheme. This scheme is based on the EMD GP60 Demonstrator scheme, with the white changed to yellow.

LK&R SD50M

Here's an SD50/60 in the more modern scheme.

LK&R CAB

Here is a Wide-Vision Caboose. The club's cabooses actually ended up similar to this.

rps-link-4

No comments:

Post a Comment