Friday, January 2, 2015

My Dad’s Layout in October 2005

I never posted pictures of my dad’s layout on my old website, but I am including them now for completion.

I bought my Canon PowerShot A520 digital camera on October 1, 2005, and in addition to taking pictures of my own layout, I also took pictures of my dad’s HO-scale layout. I was still figuring out how the camera worked, so not all of the pictures are in focus, but I am including them all anyway.

010 Dad's Layout on October 1, 2005

This view of the road past the Riverton depot was taken with the flash, which is clearly not a good idea.

012 Dad's Layout on October 1, 2005

Here is a close-up view of the ice dock.

014 Dad's Layout on October 1, 2005

This overhead view of the loading dock of the Purina Chows building came out well.

015 Dad's Layout on October 1, 2005

For this more realistic angle of the same scene, the flash went off, which is not helpful for close-up pictures.

016 Dad's Layout on October 1, 2005

The flash may have gone off for this picture of the loading dock of Engelhard Minerals & Chemicals, but the picture still came out OK.

018 Dad's Layout on October 1, 2005

The flash definitely went off for this picture of the Hastings depot.

019 Dad's Layout on October 1, 2005

Here is a close-up view of my dad’s models of the Golden Spike locomotives Jupiter and #119, which sit on a display shelf above his layout.

020 Dad's Layout on October 1, 2005

Here is Southern Pacific Black Widow GP9 #5619 leading a a train through Hastings.

022 Dad's Layout on October 1, 2005

Here is an overhead view of the farm, which features a garage, greenhouse, windmill, fruit trees, and a stakebed truck with fruit crates.

023 Dad's Layout on October 1, 2005

This view of the enginehouse ended up out of focus.

044 Dad's Layout on October 1, 2005

Here is a look at the small servicing facility on the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment