Wednesday, May 14, 2014

4449-844 Doubleheader: Leaving Peninsula Junction

IMG_6339 Union Pacific Passenger Train at Peninsula Jct on May 12, 2007

Here is the rear of the train curving through Peninsula Junction as it turns north. I immediately got in the car to head off to try to see the train again. Though I expected the train would stop briefly in Vancouver, Washington, which it did, I doubted I would have enough time to make my way through Vancouver to the depot. Instead, I headed for Kalama, Washington.

4449844c
This map summarizes the activity at Peninsula Jct.

As an aside, note that during the nearly 5 hours I was at Peninsula Junction, not one of the six freight trains came OUT of the tunnel, though several entered it. Also, there was not one EMD SD40-2, which a few years ago was the standard diesel North America, nor were there any four-axle diesels. The times they are a changing.

Continue to Kalama, Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment