Locomotive #901, "Richard C. Williams/E. Ruth Williams," was built in October 1953 as an SW8.
It was originally Cedar Rapids & Iowa City #91. In 1989, #91 was rebuilt into an SW900, increasing its horsepower from 800 to 900 horsepower.
The locomotive was purchased in 2007 and arrived in Milwaukie by September.
It was subsequently painted in Oregon Pacific colors.
It is the only Oregon Pacific locomotive to have a different name on each side of the cab.
#901 was initially assigned to the East Portland branch but was moved to the Molalla branch in 2008.
Continue to Former Southern Pacific SL-4B Slug #1010…