The first of the three cars is a Valley-series parlor car. It is one of a group of eight cars built in 1948 for the Twin Cities Hiawatha and Midwest Hiawatha.
These eight cars were numbered 190 to 197, and were all named. The names all ended in "Valley"; in order of car numbers they were Maple Valley, Wisconsin Valley, Gallatin Valley, Fox River Valley, Red River Valley, Pleasant Valley, Rock Valley and Spring Valley. This car is not Wisconsin Valley or Fox River Valley, but it could be any of the others.
For more information about Milwaukee Road Passenger Cars, click here.
Continue to Milwaukee Road Baggage-Dorm…