Locomotive #602 is an 800-horsepower SW8, built by the Electro-Motive Division of General Motors in July 1952 as Bamberger Railroad #602.
After the Bamberger shut down it was sold to the Yreka Western in 1958.
It was transferred in 1978 to the Oregon Pacific & Eastern, which was under the same ownership as the Yreka Western.
It was purchased by Dick Samuels after the Oregon Pacific & Eastern shut down in 1994.
It may have been intended to be painted in Molalla Western/Oregon Pacific colors as #802, but that never happened and eventually another locomotive was acquired and given that number.
#602 still wears its OP&E paint and herald on the cab and appears to have been cannibalized for parts for the other SW8s on the Molalla branch.
It was stored in Liberal, Oregon until 2010, when it and SW8 #803 were sold to Western Rail (WRIX) in order to acquire GMD-1 #1413.
Continue to Oregon Pacific SW8 #801…