Locomotive #801 is an SW8 built by EMD in June 1951 as Great Northern #99.
It became Burlington Northern #99 after 1970.
It was retired in April 1982 and was sold to General Metals in May.
In January 1984 it was sold to Pacific Transportation Services as #81.
It was later sold to the Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad.
It was purchased from Pete Replinger by Dick Samuels in 1993 and repainted as Mollala Western #801, in a paint scheme similar to the one it now wears.
When repainted for Oregon Pacific it was named "Myron A. Satrum."
It is assigned to the Molalla branch and can be found in Liberal, where as of 2007 it appeared to be stored.
In 2009 the engine was rebuilt and #801 returned to regular service on the Molalla branch, allowing #802 to be moved to the Milwaukie shops for restoration in 2010.
In 2013, #801 was taken out of service to have its engine replaced with the engine that was removed from scrapped NW5 #187.
Continue to East Portland Traction Company SW8 #802…