Locomotive #802 is a dynamic-brake-equipped SW8 built by EMD in January 1954 as Southern Pacific #4622.
It was renumbered to #1127 after 1965.
It was sold to become Lewis & Clark Railway (LINC) #81 in 1984.
The locomotive was sold to Livingston Mountain Locomotive Works (LMLX) in 2003 and the LINC leased it back.
It was purchased by Dick Samuels in 2004.
It still wears the remains of the Lewis & Clark Railway's Northern Pacific-inspired paint scheme.
It was initially assigned to the East Portland Branch, but by 2007 was transferred to the Molalla Branch where it became the primary locomotive, and could be found in either Liberal or Canby.
With the newly acquired SW900 #901 assigned to the Molalla Branch in 2008, and SW8 #801 restored to regular service, #802 was moved to the Milwaukie shops in 2010 for eventual restoration to its Southern Pacific colors.
Continue to Oregon Pacific SW8 #803…