Locomotive #100 is a 600-horsepower SW1 built by the Electro-Motive Division of General Motors in February 1952.
It was originally owned by the Portland Railroad & Terminal Division of the Portland Traction Company and has worked on the East Portland branch for nearly its entire existence.
It was joined in March 1953 by another SW1: #200.
In the mid-1980s, #100 was sold to Watco Companies and used at a paper mill in Wallua, Washington, while #200 was sold and ended up serving a grain elevator in Superior, WI.
#100 was purchased by Dick Samuels in 1987 for use on its original line, which would become the East Portland Traction Company, and was repainted back to its original orange paint scheme, which it retains today.
#100 was also used for a time on the Molalla Western in 1993 just after Dick Samuels took over that line, but is typically used on the East Portland line and calls the Milwaukie shops home.
Continue to Former Pacific Lumber Company 80-Tonner #101…