Sunday, December 28, 2014

LK&R Layout at the 1994 NMRA National Train Show

I posted these pictures of the old LK&R Layout on my old website on February 9, 2008. I have now rescanned them.

These pictures of the Longview, Kelso & Rainier Model Railroad Club’s old HO-scale layout were taken at the National Train Show during the National Convention of the National Model Railroad Association at the Portland Metropolitan Exposition Center in Portland, Oregon, on August 19-21, 1994. I am not sure who took these pictures, or how my dad ended up with them.

01 LK&R Layout at the 1994 NMRA Convention

This aerial view of the town of Elm Grove shows a Burlington Northern freight train traversing the branch line.

02 LK&R Layout at the 1994 NMRA Convention

A view of the corner of the layout with the farm and the sawmill sections visible. Cliff West, John Plant and myself are visible in the picture.

03 LK&R Layout at the 1994 NMRA Convention

Burlington Northern SD40-2s #6773 & #6330 pass the farm with a double-stack container train.

No comments:

Post a Comment