Sunday, December 28, 2014

LK&R Layout at the Three Rivers Mall in 1991

I originally posted pictures of the old LK&R layout on my old website on February 9, 2008. I recently discovered these early pictures of the old LK&R layout. They were never posted on my website, but would have been if I’d known about them.

Here are some pictures of the Longview, Kelso & Rainier Model Railroad Club’s old HO-Scale layout at the Three Rivers Mall in Kelso, Washington in 1991. This was one of this layout’s first public appearances. I don’t know who took these pictures or how my dad got them, as he and my mom both appear in them. The layout is set up outside the Sears store in the mall. As I recall, the Three Rivers Mall model train show usually took place in April. At this early date, I am not certain about the month, but based on the merchandise Sears has displayed, April is plausible.

01 LK&R Layout at the Three Rivers Mall in 1991
Notice that there are no trees on the mountains.

02 LK&R Layout at the Three Rivers Mall in 1991
Many of the structure on the layout were borrowed from members. The house on the corner is from my layout.

03 LK&R Layout at the Three Rivers Mall in 1991
There is little scenery outside of the yard, which was reused from the club’s previous layout.

04 LK&R Layout at the Three Rivers Mall in 1991
Again, no trees. Also, the pond on the corner is far from finished.

05 LK&R Layout at the Three Rivers Mall in 1991
The tower at this end of the yard was eventually switched with the one at the other end of the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment