Sunday, December 28, 2014

LK&R Layout at the Castle Rock Exhibit Hall in January 1992

I originally posted pictures of the old LK&R layout on my old website on February 9, 2008. I recently discovered these early pictures of the old LK&R layout. They were never posted on my website, but would have been if I’d known about them.

Here are some picture of the Longview, Kelso & Rainier Model Railroad Club’s old HO-scale layout on display at the Exhibit Hall in Castle Rock, Washington. According to the date stamp on the prints, they were taken on January 8, 1992. The club displayed the layout here every year from November to January for a number of years. This may have been the first year. I don’t know who took these pictures or how my dad got them. He appears in the pictures, and our family never had a camera that put date stamps on pictures.

01 LK&R Layout at the Castle Rock Exhibit Hall on January 8, 1992
The layout barely fit in the available space.

02 LK&R Layout at the Castle Rock Exhibit Hall on January 8, 1992
There are now trees on the hillside.

03 LK&R Layout at the Castle Rock Exhibit Hall on January 8, 1992
There has also been a lot of progress made on the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment